Steve Lick Timberworks - Restoring the past, crafting the future

Tiny by Design - Floor

Categories

Tiny House Design
powered by

My Blog

Tiny by Design - Floor

The next stage was laying the floor which meant that some decisions had to be made about the floor plan. There are some design principles which are true no matter how  large or small a place is. These include light coming from 2 sides and a sense of shelter and welcome when arriving which led to us adopting one of Jay Shaffer's basic designs.

Therefore to delineate the entry from the rest of the tiny house, we used hardwood on the 'verandah' and pine inside. Then we finished it with a tung oil and polyurethane product. Unfortunately outside work called and so the project languished for a few months.

The next exciting stage was getting the frame up. Now we could see proportions and get a sense of the space. Having only seen tiny houses online often with photos taken with a fish eye lens, standing in the space is unique.

Christmas called and outside work so it wasn't until we had some friends staying from Canada that we were able to get moving again. Next instalment: The roof.

13 Comments to Tiny by Design - Floor:

Comments RSS
men coats and jackets on Thursday, 24 August 2017 3:40 PM
This article is very nice as well as very informative. I have known very important things over here. I want to thank you for this informative read.Thank you!
Reply to comment

uk essay on Tuesday, 10 April 2018 4:24 PM
I like this post and I’m eagerly looking ahead in your next put up. Thanks for sharing this first-rate stuff with us! Maintain sharing! I’m new in the blog writing. Every type blogs and posts are not useful for the readers. Right here the author is giving suitable mind and recommendations to every and each reader thru this article.

write my college paper for me on Tuesday, 10 April 2018 4:25 PM
This article is very nice as well as very informative. I have known very important things over here. I want to thank you for this informative read. I really appreciate sharing this great.

write an assignment for me on Monday, 9 October 2017 2:55 PM
Thank you for giving all the necessary information in a short list. I will try to follow it. Previously I did accordingly what my mind wanted to do. But that didn't bring best result for me. Hope this systematic work will give me efficient result.
Reply to comment

help on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 12:59 AM
It involves but not only contemporary equipment as well as appliances for the kitchen, as well as rapid household furniture. However, additionally, there are tools that all parent or guardian need to actually have
Reply to comment

tutuapp pokemon go on Saturday, 21 April 2018 5:10 PM
provides millions of apps to many users
Reply to comment

dofollow Commenting on Friday, 27 April 2018 3:34 AM
Wow what an amazing post, this was genuinely interesting to me and useful also. You always share great stuff and we hope to see more posts from you soon.
Reply to comment

HattieReynolds on Tuesday, 1 May 2018 12:22 AM
very intresting post
Reply to comment

olymptrade on Monday, 21 May 2018 7:17 PM
This is extremely fascinating substance! I have completely delighted in perusing your focuses and have reached the conclusion that you are right about a hefty portion of them. You are extraordinary.
Reply to comment

storspelare casino on Friday, 1 June 2018 11:45 PM
Along these lines, here are a couple of certainties that you should think about online club rewards.
Reply to comment

marvel jackets on Monday, 4 June 2018 10:10 PM
Very nice blog. Do not mind anything that anyone tells you about anyone else. Judge everyone and everything for yourself. Men's Triple Stitch Detailing Rider Vintage Distressed Biker Real Leather Jacket Cafe Racer Mens Vintage Motorcycle Biker Retro Black Distressed Leather Jacket
Reply to comment

the academic papers on Monday, 11 June 2018 4:18 PM
Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time dissertation Writing Service
Reply to comment